The major export commodity of East Timor is coffee, and the
Government of the Democratic Republic of East Timor is keen to develop
its Australian market. The district of Same is a major coffee growing
area. The Friends of Same are distributing the coffee as a long-term
activity to support East Timor - we hope this becomes your preferred
- East Timor coffee is organically grown; artificial fertilisers and pesticides have traditionally not been used.
- Our blend is roasted ground and sold by a major Australian firm, Coffex Pty Ltd.
- It has been developed and modified following tastings, with input
from Coffex, local coffee industry consultants Jelco Pty Ltd, and a team
- The result is a medium bodied blend, with a full, sweet, rebounding flavour and good aftertaste.
- It is competitively priced.
- Costs are kept to a minimum through the use of volunteer labour.
- About half of the purchase price goes toward providing aid to East Timor.
- Aid expenditure is on goods and services specified by the East Timorese themselves.
Buying Friends of Same coffee
Cost: $8 per pack, plus postage if applicable.
Friends of Same donation account at the Bendigo Bank Surrey Hills
BSB 633-000 a/c no 147359160
Please note Run as the recipient.
Buy direct from Friends of Same
Contact the coffee coordinator for more information or visit us at Hawthorn Community House on a Friday (enter by side entrance).
From the City of Boroondara
Visit the City of Boroondara customer service desks at Camberwell, and Kew Library.
From retail outlets
There are a number of outlets where you can purchase our coffee. Click here to find one closest to you.